User experience (UX) design drives everything from how we interact with products and services to our relationship with technology. Learn how to analyse and solve user problems using layout and other guided solutions.
If you're a practical person with a eye for creative, design-led solutions, a career as a user experience designer could be ideal for you.
General Assembly's User Experience Design Immersive is the only course of its kind offered in Australia. Comprehensive and practical, the course will give students skills in:
- Implementing user research tactics to gain a deeper understanding of users.
- Identifying the best ways to organise information on a given site or app.
- Designing a digital product that behaves intuitively and brings joy and function to users.
- Using visual design in order to make beautiful and easily learnable digital products.
- Communicating your process through the use of sketches, wireframes, and presentations.
- Collaborating with design teams to see a project from start to finish.
At the end of the course, students will have a portfolio of work to present to clients and the skills to pursue a career in this field.
After successful completion of the User Experience Design Immersive course, participants can apply for roles such as UX designer and usability designer as well as some web developer and web architect roles.
Because of the intense nature of this course, candidates will need to complete an application form prior to being accepted into this program to ensure students can complete the tasks assigned.
This course runs full-time Monday to Friday for 10 weeks in Sydney and Melbourne. Students are also expected to devote time outside of the classroom to complete the course.