This IT course is designed for testers holding the ISTQB Foundation Certificate, this extension course provides an understanding of the fundamentals of testing in Agile projects.
Attendees will gain an understanding of how Agile projects are organised, learning commonly applied development practices, differences between Agile and traditional approaches and testing tools commonly used.
Recognise how testers are positioned in Agile organisations whilst learning the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and skills needed to excel in Agile environments. Learn ways to estimate and organise testing and the application of risk-based testing in Agile projects.
The prerequisite for this course is the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate and participants should have a general understanding of test design, process and terminology.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team
- Understand principles and basic practices of Agile software development
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- Collaborate with other team members using effective communication styles and channels
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
This course is available online and via classroom. Please note there is an exam that is sat separately from this course.