As organisations adopt flatter management structures, there is an increasing emphasis on the ability to influence others across teams and functions in order to get things done. A general shift towards more collaborative work practices means that the ability to create ‘buy in’ for ideas and initiatives is extremely valuable.
Learn to influence others
This workshop is ideal for people who...
- Need to influence without authority (influence up or sideways)
- Create ‘buy in’ for organisational improvement programs
- Want to inspire their direct reports in a way that minimises reliance on positional power
What you will learn
With this workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn robust, flexible, research-based frameworks and strategies from one of our experienced consultants
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of different influencing approaches and know how to choose the approach that is best suited to your objectives
- Use a structured framework to prepare comprehensively for an influencing conversation
- Learn how to deal with resistance to your ideas and initiatives
- Learn a simple, powerful framework for structuring your influencing conversations to maximise your persuasive impact
- Practice new skills and receive feedback on how to improve your performance
- Apply the frameworks and strategies to your real-life challenges
- Share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- Plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- Build your confidence to initiate and manage influencing conversations
There are NO formal entry requirements for this course please speak to your Course and Career Specialist for details. Work whilst you study through practical work placement that will put your knowledge into action.