Many people avoid conflict in the workplace because it can be uncomfortable, or even painful. Getting Past Conflict will help you to understand how conflict arises, how to avoid it, and how to manage it effectively if it does occur (‘constructive conflict’).
Don't Avoid Conflict!
Learn how to take a more structural approach. This workshop is ideal for people who...
- Lead or manage teams and need to make difficult decisions that involve multiple viewpoints
- Deal with customers or the general public on a regular basis
- Work in a high-conflict environment (e.g. litigation)
What you will learn
With this workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn robust, flexible, research-based frameworks and strategies from one of our experienced consultants
- Understand what causes conflict and how conflict can be minimised or managed
- Use a structured process to prepare for a difficult conversation
- Learn strategies for responding constructively in the face of strong emotions like anger, frustration or disappointment, or when the other person shuts down
- Uxplore different approaches to resolving disagreements and learn strategies for creating mutually beneficial outcomes
- Practice applying the frameworks to your own real-life difficult conversations and receive feedback on how to improve your approach
- Share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- Plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- Build your confidence to discuss difficult or sensitive issues in a way that strengthens working relationships
There are NO formal entry requirements for this course please speak to your Course and Career Specialist for details. Work whilst you study through practical work placement that will put your knowledge into action.