General management requires leaders to leave the comfort of their technical speciality and manage a variety of competing priorities to ensure the sustainable performance of their organisation.
The program focuses on the core business disciplines of strategy and management and takes participants through a transformational journey on how their leadership, decisions and behaviours impact overall wellbeing, employee engagement, organisational culture and performance.
The General Manager Program is ideal for general and divisional managers responsible for complex areas, as well as senior managers being groomed for these roles.
Drawing on the systemic areas of politics, ethics, leadership and the need to establish a global mindset, the program’s emphasis is to develop a holistic leader who has self-reflective capabilities combined with strategic thinking.
This type of leader believes in the Triple Bottom Line (3BL), pays attention to health and wellbeing and leads with presence and integrity. The overall aim is to provide senior managers with perspectives, practices and tools to manage competing priorities in an increasingly complex work environment.
The course will help participants develop:
- A critical appreciation of the most important business disciplines needed for general managers
- A coherent understanding of the interplay of organisational dynamics – people and systems
- An appreciation of the need to think globally and the implications for the future
- Learning from high calibre peers from a diversity of industries in a residential format
- A practical insight to the importance of physical and mental wellbeing to maximise performance and tactics to combat stress and burnout
- Strategies and frameworks for creating high performing teams
- A conscious understanding of your personal development needs and career path
Candidates need to apply for a position on this course.
5.5 days residential in Sydney only. Course fee covers meals and accommodation.