Looking to add to your skills in the beauty therapy field? If beauty therapy is your passion, a leadership role as a salon manager will help you run a successful beauty business. A recognised salon management course is the first step to achieving your goal.
If you're already active in the beauty industry and want to take it to the next level as a small business owner or manager, specialised leadership and organisational skills are a must for progression and success in business.
The Diploma of Salon Management (SIB50210) is excellent for:
- Those changing careers;
- Those wishing to enter the hairdressing or beauty industries as small business owner/managers; or
- Overseas trained beauty therapists wishing to ensure their management training is comparable to that which is required in Australia.
The Diploma of Salon Management will help you to develop competencies in managing the overall operation of a business involved in services and sales delivery in personal service environments including hairdressing and beauty salons, and spas.
The beauty industry is dominated by small businesses, so to give you the best chance of career success, emphasis is placed on core business areas in the context of managing a salon such as customer service, marketing, human resource, financial management, planning for small business and policy.
This qualification will lead to graduates acquiring skills that will enable you to become a salon proprietor or manager.
While this qualification has an employment outcome in its own right, it is expected also to be used as a pathway for learners wishing to continue study at undergraduate level at university for business, management and marketing undergraduate courses at university.
For entry into the Diploma courses, you will need to:
- meet any specified course entry requirements; AND
- provide a copy of your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (i.e. a Year 12 qualification); OR
- achieve an Exit Level 3 score within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessments in reading and maths, which will show that you have the capability to be successful in the course. This is done through two short tests as a part of your enrolment process.
Recognition of prior learning may be available for this course. For more information please see the Recognition of prior learning policy and procedure document or contact us to discuss options.
Course duration is dependent on study mode.
Online students can study full-time to complete in 48 weeks or part-time to complete in 72 weeks under a structured program.
The Diploma of Salon Management is available online only. Start any time on the last working day of each month.
Click here to download the Fee Schedule PDF for the Diploma of Salon Management.
Click here to download AIAS's fees and start dates PDF.
Diploma of Salon Management