This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Give Back to the Community.
Turn your passion into a career! The Diploma of Community Services Work is ideal if you...
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Like to listen and provide support
- Would like to develop your existing skills
- Want to make a difference to those in need
With this qualification you have an opportunity to work in a number of areas in the community including, Child Protection Services, Drug and Alcohol Services, Juvenile Justice, Family Support Services, Ethnic and Multicultural Services and much more.
What You Will Learn
You will gain skills in:
- Planning and conducting group activities
- Providing interventions
- Identifying and responding to those at risk
- Assessing and responding to individuals at risk of suicide
Future opportunities exist in policy and planning, community development, education, and fundraising.
Family Support Worker
Community Care Professionals
Disability Support Worker/Manager
Children's Supervised Support Worker
Community Projects Worker
Prospective students are expected to have:
- Year 10 or equivalent OR relevant qualifications OR;
- Relevant vocational experience
- It is recommended that you have completed Certificate III in Community Services work, or
equivalent industry experience
To achieve this qualification you must complete at least 100 hours of work experience. This is arrnged in consultation with the course coodinator.
Recognition of prior learning may be available for this course. For more information please contact us to discuss options.