Are you a designer looking to do some web work? Or are you interested in becoming a web developer? The Certificate IV in Web Based Technologies is an ideal starting point for those looking to spearhead a career focused on the web.
Turn technical knowhow into accessible web technology and jumpstart a career that could see you earning more than $90,000 a year in a growth sector.
The Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies is for people who want be competent in the designing, developing and building websites or those who would like to understand a range of web technologies. It is ideal for candidates who have a little experience in related fields who would like to focus on websites and web tools.
Students will cover:
- Understanding the IT environment
- Website design
- Website accessibility
- Continuity and security including website maintenance and performance
- Continuous improvement including monitoring website traffic and creating testing procedures
Upon successful completion of the Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies, graduates may apply for roles such as:
- Web developer or technical writer
- Webmaster assistant
- Website coordinator
- Web designer
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however the preferred pathways are:
- after achieving ICA30111 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICA30111
- with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of web-related work environments in website development, administration or management.
Course duration is dependent on study mode.
Online students will have the benefit of self-paced study with the average student able to complete the course within 24 months.