Combining the strategic elements of IT and project management, the skills of a business analyst are growing in demand. Organisations place a high value on a business analyst's critical thinking and complex problem solving skills and look to use them to improve business performance.
BCS is the Chartered Institute for IT, which champions the global IT profession. A BCS certification provides international recognition for an IT practitioner's business analysis skills. This certification is accredited by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
The BCS Modelling Business Processes program is appropriate for business analysts who would like to hone their higher end skills in the modelling phase.
Modelling Business Processes offers practical, proven techniques for modelling, analysing and improving business processes. Theoretical concepts are supported by practitioner experience and a detailed case study which provides participants with an opportunity to apply their learning to both AS-IS and TO-BE process model development.
Upon completion of this course, business analysts will be able to:
- Understand the various types of processes, how they contribute to higher level goals and the physical steps involved
- Learn best practice modelling techniques and when to apply them
- Understand about the systems within an organisation
- Bridge the gap between process and IT
- Understand how the use of effective process modelling techniques impacts the definition and creation of ‘fit for purpose’ IT requirements.
Upon successful completion of the certifications, practitioners can apply for roles such as:
- Business analyst
- Process analyst
- Business consultant
- Project manager
There are no entry requirements for the BCS Modelling Business Processes course but understanding of the IT and business environment is highly recommended.
Those undertaking the BCS Modelling Business Processes via classroom delivery will complete within 2 days with a one-hour exam included at the end of the second day.