What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a student loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector that is part of the Higher Education Loan Program or HELP. It is administered through education providers on behalf of the Australian Government.
VET FEE-HELP assists eligible students undertaking certain VET courses of study at Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma courses) with an approved VET provider, toprovide upfront payment for all or part of their tuition costs.
Are you eligible?
To access VET FEE-HELP assistance you must be an eligible student. To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP an eligible student:
- is either
a) an Australian citizen; or
b) a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study in which they are seeking VET FEE-HELP assistance;
- is a full fee-paying student enrolled on or before the census date in an eligible unit of study through an approved VET provider and remains enrolled in the unit at the end of the census date;
- is undertaking study in a training place which is subsidised by a Reform State/Territory Government* and is enrolled on or before the census date in an eligible unit of study through an approved VET provider and remains enrolled in the unit at the end of the census date;
- meets the tax file number requirements;
- has completed, signed and submitted a valid Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form for the unit or the course of which the unit forms a part, on or before the census date; and
- has not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit.
Applying for VET FEE-HELP
VET FEE-HELP loans can only be accessed through approved VET providers if you are eligible for VET FEE-HELP assistance.
You must read the Information booklet before completing and signing the form and returning it to the appropriate officer of your VET provider on or before the census date (or the earlier date set by your VET provider).
For 2014, the FEE-HELP limit is $120,002 for students undertaking medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses (as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003), and $96,000 for all other students.
CoursesNow acts on behalf of the following approved VET FEE-HELP providers on eligible courses:
- ACPE Academy
- Australian Institute of Applied Sciences
- Australian Institute of Professional Education
- Computer Power Institute
- Martin College
- Online Courses Australia
- SAE Qantm
- TAFE NSW
- Wealth Within